This Sunday we welcome our guest speaker George Statheos. At our 10 am service, George will be speaking on the topic “Gospel to the world” from Acts chapter 17 verses 16 to 34. At our 5pm service, George will be speaking on the topic “Fishers of people” from Luke chapter 5 verses 1 to 11.
In honour of George’s visit, we will be having a Greek lunch after our 10am service, and a Greek dinner after our 5pm service. Please join us for a wonderful time of fellowship and great food.
During our service, we’ll have our weekly question and answer time, and our Senior Minister Jodie will be answering these questions:
- Could it be possible that the guards at Jesus’ tomb were from the Temple, not from the Roman Guard, and if so, how might this change the outcome of their failure to secure the tomb?
- Wouldn’t the guards have deserved to die, since they lied about the resurrection?
- Why did Satan appear as a snake instead of another animal?
- Is the enmity between the snake and the woman in Genesis 3:14 symbolic of Satan’s demoted status?
- Why is the snake kingdom cursed when it was Satan who chose to appear as a snake?
- Should Nathan have prayed to God before answering David so that he was sure of what God wanted?
- Since Joseph was not Jesus’ biological father, how does that make Jesus a descendant of David?
- How could Jesus speak of all Scriptures concerning himself when he began his Emmaus sermon with Moses?
- Is ‘Ben Hur’ based on a true story?
If you’ve never come along before, then this Sunday is a great time to drop in. You can also watch us live (or look at some past church services) at www.oakflats.tv.
See you at 10am or 5pm this Sunday, God willing!