This Sunday Jodie continues our series on the Old Testament book of Job, with the title, ‘Mythbusting God’ from chapter 38 to chapter 40 verse 5.
At both our 10am and 5pm service, we will have the opportunity to meet one of our member and see how Christ has impacted their life.
During our service, we’ll have our weekly question and answer time, and our Senior Minister Jodie will be answering these questions:
- Isn’t Elihu being self-righteous when he says that Job’s cry of pain is ‘wickedness and evil’?
- Given that God is pleased by our righteousness and angered by our sin, doesn’t this mean he is affected by our actions, even though they don’t control him?
- When Elihu tells Job to “beware of turning to evil, which you seem to prefer to affliction”, does this mean that Elihu thinks Job is being punished by God for his sin?
- When and where does Job live in relation to Jerusalem?
- Is the thunder actually God’s voice?
- Since the Romans 7 reading suggests that a person is only convicted of their sin when they know the law, then what happens to those who don’t hear the law?
If you’re wanting to check out our church we’d really love you to pop your head in at either 10am or 5pm. Or if you can’t make it in person, jump online to www.oakflats.tv and watch our live stream.