This Sunday we continue our five-week series looking at the five Solas of the Reformation called ‘Five Foundations’. This week, Jodie will be speaking on the topic ‘Faith alone’.
It’s the first Sunday of the month, so we’re going to remember Jesus’ death as we eat the symbolic meal of the Lord’s Supper. Be sure to join us.
During our service, we’ll have our weekly question and answer time, and Jodie will be answering these questions:
- Given that God hates divorce, should someone who is abused remain in their marriage?
- What books would you recommend as an introduction to The Reformation?
- What happened to Martin Luther?
- Why did some writings get included in the Bible and not others?
- Does the Bible tell us whether or not we should stand up when we sing?
- Why would God command humans to fill and subdue the earth, when subduing the earth means ruling it, which is God’s job, not ours?
- If adding extra words to The Bible will get us into trouble, then how does that work with the Trinity?
- Hebrews 6:4-6 says it’s impossible for those who have fallen away to receive repentance again, but doesn’t God forgive all sins, if we truly repent?
- Is there a difference between tithes and offering, and what are the principles today for giving?
- Can we print these questions in the bulletin each week?
As always, come along and visit us at 10am or 5pm at 35 Fisher Street Oak Flats, or if you can’t make it in person, jump online at www.oakflats.tv to watch a livestream of our services.