The Five Foundations
2. Sola Fide – ‘by faith alone’
HOW STRONG IS YOUR FAITH?
1. THE CHURCH WAS WRONG ABOUT FAITH
- They misunderstood how God ___________ us
- We need to define ___________________________
- They thought they were justified by _______________
2. LUTHER DISCOVERED JUSTIFICATION BY FAITH ALONE
- Romans 1:17 is the _____________ of Luther’s theology
- From a ____________ of snakes and ladders
- To _____________ from A to Z
- Sweet _____________________
3. JUSTIFICATION BY FAITH ALONE IN THE BOOK OF ROMANS
- Nobody is naturally ___________________
- But, a righteousness _____________ from the law
- Freely by his _____________
- Through the _____________________ of Christ
- Have you ______________________________ how God works?
HOW STRONG IS HIS GRACE?
- Stop trusting in your own ___________
Sorry that I have sinned and am not righteous.
Thank you for justifying me freely through Christ’s death.
Help me to have faith in Jesus all my days.
- We are ___________________
Download this as a PDF from here: Sola Fide talk outline – 4and5 March 2017 – Jodie McNeill