This Sunday we continue our five-week series looking at the five Solas of the Reformation called ‘Five Foundations’. This week, Simon will be speaking on the topic ‘Grace alone’.
It’s also the right time for us to recognise many of the needs of our missionaries, so we’ll have a special report about what’s been happening in the lives of our partners in global, word ministry.
During our service, we’ll have our weekly question and answer time, and Jodie will be answering these questions:
- What did the Roman Catholic Church teach that was incorrect?
- Can a priest ever reveal what is said in a confession in the Roman Catholic Church?
- Given that Jesus said ‘love those who persecute you,’ was it a sin for a Catholic leader to kill the Reformation leader Huldrych Zwingli?
- If God is in control, why is the world in such conflict?
- Since God is always with us, why does that Bible say that he is present in a special way when two or more believers come together?
- Why should people pray for things to happen when God is in control of everything? And if more people pray the same thing will that persuade God more?
- How is it possible that ‘nothing is against us’ when there is still sin, persecution and Satan messing things up?
- Why did Jesus change Simon’s name to Peter?
- Is it right to call justification a ‘nerd word’ when it’s clearly expressed in the Bible?
As always, come along and visit us at 10am or 5pm at 35 Fisher Street Oak Flats, or if you can’t make it in person, jump online at www.oakflats.tv to watch a livestream of our services.