This Sunday we continue our five-week series looking at the five Solas of the Reformation called ‘Five Foundations’. This week, Jodie will be speaking on the topic ‘Christ alone’.
During both our services we will have an opportunity to meet one of our church members, which is always a great encouragement to us all.
We will also have our weekly question and answer time, and Jodie will be answering these questions:
- Why does John’s Gospel say that Jesus changed Peter’s name when he first met him, but Matthew’s Gospel says Peter’s name was changed when he identified Jesus as Messiah?
- If God is present with us in church, where would he sit?
- When Jesus said in Matthew 18:19 that if two people agree about anything they ask for that it will be done by his Father, doesn’t this mean our prayers change God’s mind?
- Given that some Roman Catholics leave their church when they discover grace, doesn’t this mean the priest didn’t understand the Bible and grace himself?
- How is Anglican infant baptism different to Roman Catholic infant baptism?
- When Jesus takes someone’s sins, doesn’t that make him imperfect?
- How is it possible for Jesus to take everyone’s sins, rather than just taking one person’s sins as a swap for one person’s sinlessness?
- Does ‘Hell’ really exist and what is ‘Sheol’?
- Where did Jesus go after he died on the cross, before he rose from the dead?
- Since the Bible says that we should count our conversions in Heaven, doesn’t this mean that Rugby is the game played in Heaven?
As always, come along and visit us at 10am or 5pm at 35 Fisher Street Oak Flats, or if you can’t make it in person, jump online at www.oakflats.tv to watch a livestream of our services.