This Sunday we will conclude our five-week series looking at the five Solas of the Reformation called ‘Five Foundations’. This week, Jodie will be speaking on the topic ‘For the glory of God alone’.
During our service, we’ll have our weekly question and answer time, and Jodie will be answering these questions:
- Why were the Old Testament sacrifices ineffective in bringing people into a right relationship with God?
- Does Jesus always have room for more sin in the same way that people always have room for more dessert?
- Why does the Book of Common Prayer still use the word ‘priest’?
- Why do some Anglican ministers still wear robes today?
- If the old Prayer Book worked so well, why was it changed?
- Why do we read prayers and other things out loud together in church, when it could make us appear cult-like?
- If all Christians are of equal value, why aren’t women ordained in the Sydney Diocese?
- How do Roman Catholics deal with the teaching of Hebrews chapters 9 and 10?
- Who is allowed to lead the service of the Lord’s Supper?
- Why does God choose some people and not others?
As always, come along and visit us at 10am or 5pm at 35 Fisher Street Oak Flats, or if you can’t make it in person, jump online at www.oakflats.tv to watch a livestream of our services.