This Sunday morning at 10am we welcome our mission partner Les Stewart. Les will be talking on the topic ‘The True Vine’ from John chapter 15 verses 1 to 11.
We will also have the opportunity to hear from Les about his and Kerry’s work training leaders of the persecuted church.
In our evening church at 5pm we’ll be hearing from Simon Chaplin, speaking on the topic ‘Work in the Christian Life.’
Why not join us twice this weekend to hear two, great talks?
During our service, we’ll have our weekly question and answer time, and Jodie will be answering these questions:
- How can a person really forgive someone who has sexually abused a loved one?
- Do modern Jews still practice circumcision?
- Even though religious works don’t gain salvation, isn’t it still appropriate to call Christianity a ‘religion’ since James says that true religion is looking after the poor?
- Is the “new creation” in Galatians 6:15 the new life that Paul possesses, or the new creation of Isaiah 65:17?
- Is it appropriate for a Christian to have a ‘bucket list’?
- If only men should teach the whole church, then when is it appropriate for women to preach? What about women missionaries?
- Why are we changing the layout of the church?
If you’ve never come along before, then this Sunday is a great time to drop in. You can also watch us live (or look at some past church services) at www.oakflats.tv.
See you at 10am or 5pm this Sunday, God willing!