This Sunday we continue our series on the Old Testament book of 2 Samuel with the series titled ‘Kingdom Coming’. In the next talk, Jodie will be speaking on the topic, “Dependence on God”, from 2 Samuel chapter 4 verse 1 to chapter 5 verse 25.
During our service, we’ll have our weekly question and answer time, and Jodie will be answering these questions:
- If the Bible came to us through an ongoing process in the church, then doesn’t this undermine ‘Sola Scriptura’?
- Why did the book ‘Q’ get omitted from the Bible, when other documents like genealogies and the Song of Songs were included?
Doesn’t the official Anglican teaching of the 39 Articles, and general Christian thinking, say that there can be no more additions to the Bible at all?
How would you answer someone who said that God spoke to them in a dream about a matter?
- Wouldn’t Abner’s reaction to the allegation that he slept with Saul’s concubine suggest he might have been innocent?
- Is Abner like Paul from the New Testament?
- Why did people in the Old Testament tear their clothes when mourning?
- Is it possible to still curse people today?
- Should we consider running a fete to help our church raise money and awareness in the community?
We’re also going to get the special opportunity during the services to meet a member of our church, as we get to know our special community from Oak Flats Anglican.
If you’ve never come along before, then this Sunday is a great time to drop in. You can also watch us live (or look at some past church services) at www.oakflats.tv.
See you at 10am or 5pm this Sunday, God willing!