This Sunday we continue our series on 2 Samuel. In the next talk, Simon will be speaking on the topic, “Rejoice with trembling”, from 2 Samuel chapter 6 verses 1 to 23.
During our service, we’ll have our weekly question and answer time, and Jodie will be answering these questions:
- If we should not judge, then whey were some of the books of the Bible ‘judged’ not to be needed? How do we know that God did not want these books in the Bible?
- Was David arrogant to call the city after himself?
- Is it pushing the link between the Old and New Testaments too far to say that the Israelites were the body of Christ?
- When we go through difficult times, how can we know if it’s the work of Satan leading us away from God, or whether it’s the work of God strengthening our faith in him?
- What happens to a person who dies without believing in God, even though they’ve lived a good life? Will praying for them help them get to Heaven?
- Is it hypocritical for Christians to vote in the same-sex marriage plebiscite, given that we will not want to accept an outcome that is against the Bible’s teaching?
It’s also the right time for us to recognise many of the needs of our missionaries, so we’ll have a special report about what’s been happening in the lives of our partners in global, word ministry.
As always, come along and visit us at 10am or 5pm at 35 Fisher Street Oak Flats, or if you can’t make it in person, jump online at www.oakflats.tv to watch a livestream of our services.