This Sunday we continue our series on 2 Samuel. In the next talk, Jodie will be speaking on the topic, “The kindness of the King”, from 2 Samuel chapter 9 verse 1 to chapter 10 verse 19.
This weekend we will also be having a special prayer time for marriage in light of the upcoming postal plebiscite.
During our service, we’ll have our weekly question and answer time, and Jodie will be answering these questions:
- Would the Moab prophet have been executed since he disobeyed orders and blessed the people of God?
- What happened to Tou?
- Why doesn’t God like chariots?
- Was bronze worth more than silver in David’s time?
- Given that our wealth is irrelevant on Judgement Day, then why did David take all the gold and riches after each conquest?
- Why did the surrounding nations hate God’s people?
- Did David completely wipe out all his enemies?
- How many of David’s men died during the conquests?
- Given that most politicians don’t believe in God, then isn’t it pointless for them to pray to him?
- How did David’s sons come to serve as priests when they belonged to the tribe of Judah?
As always, come along and visit us at 10am or 5pm at 35 Fisher Street Oak Flats, or if you can’t make it in person, jump online at www.oakflats.tv to watch a livestream of our services.