This Sunday we continue our series on 2 Samuel. In the next talk, Simon will be speaking on the topic, “The sin of the King”, from 2 Samuel chapter 11 verses 1 to 27.
During our service, we’ll have our weekly question and answer time, and Jodie will be answering these questions:
- Since God did not require or like riches, why did David give them to the Lord?
- What are foot soldiers?
- How would Jonathan’s son, Mephibosheth bow down before David when he was lame?
- Did Mephibosheth go and fight too, since the whole of Israel fought?
- What happened to David’s sons?
- Why would the Arameans be on the other side of the Euphrates river?
- Would the Israelites have thought that King David had banished the humiliated envoys, since he told them to stay in Jericho until their beards grew back?
- Is Hadadezer the same person as Hanun?
- How does the Uniting Church interpret the Bible to allow same-sex couples to be leaders of their Church?
- Does it matter to God which Christian denomination a person is affiliated with?
We’re also going to get the special opportunity during the services to meet a member of our church, as we get to know our special community from Oak Flats Anglican.
As always, come along and visit us at 10am or 5pm at 35 Fisher Street Oak Flats, or if you can’t make it in person, jump online at www.oakflats.tv to watch a livestream of our services.