This Sunday we continue our series on 2 Samuel. In the next talk, Jodie will be speaking on the topic, “War and peace”, from 2 Samuel chapter 17 verse 1 to chapter 18 verse 33.
During our service, we’ll have our weekly question and answer time, and Jodie will be answering these questions:
- How could God be contained in the Ark of the Covenant when it is an object made by humans?
- How did David know that Ahitophel’s destruction was God’s will?
- Should we follow David’s model of praying curses down on our enemies?
- Did David truly submit to God’s will, or did he simply pray and then assume that God’s will aligned with his own?
- Given that Hushai deceived Absalom, is it OK to lie and deceive in order to do good?
We’re also going to get the special opportunity during the services to meet a member of our church, as we get to know our special community from Oak Flats Anglican.
A reminder that Kids’ Club and Andy’s Club now meets at our 5pm evening service for their program, followed by a great dinner together for the whole family.
As always, come along and visit us at 10am or 5pm at 35 Fisher Street Oak Flats, or if you can’t make it in person, jump online at www.oakflats.tv to watch a livestream of our services.