Here at Oak Flats Anglican we’re all about Jesus.
We’re nurses, builders, mothers, retirees. All different, yet all one in Jesus Christ.
But who is Jesus?
Jesus was a man who lived 2000 years ago. He grew up in a working class family and has since became the most famous man who ever lived. He performed miracles and healed the sick. But one thing he said helps us understand his whole life. He said:
“I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6)
You see, Jesus wasn’t just a man back in history, he is God, and everything he did was in order that humanity could reconnect with God.
- He taught people about God, so that we could know Him.
- He healed and helped people, so that we could see Jesus’ authority and care as the Son of God.
- He died on the cross, so that our sins against God could be forgiven.
- He rose to life, so that we could be given new life to live under his lordship.
- He ascended to heaven, and empowers people today by the Holy Spirit to live new lives and to share the good.
These things only come through believing in Jesus, and he is the one who unites us at Oak Flats Anglican.