This Sunday Jodie will conclude our series on the Old Testament book of Job, with the final talk titled, ‘Mythbusting Life’ from chapter 42 verse 7 to verse 17
We will also be hearing from Liana and Daniel for a review of their Year 13 experience and what their plans are next.
During our service, we’ll have our weekly question and answer time, and our Senior Minister Jodie will be answering these questions:
- Could the Leviathan have been a mythical dragon, since it had flames coming from its mouth?
- Could the Leviathan and Behemoth have been dinosaurs?
- Did dinosaurs eat humans before The Fall, and did they become extinct because of The Flood?
- Would Job have understood that these monsters referred to death and Satan?
- Why would God appear to be proud of the creation of Leviathan when this monster is evil and represents Satan?
- If the beasts were mythical not physical creatures, then how would Job have recognised them?
- Since Revelation 1:17 says that Jesus holds the keys to Death and Hades, doesn’t this mean that God didn’t have this power back in the time of Job?
- How was Job able to speak directly to God without dying, unlike Moses who needed a veil?
- Why does the song ‘On our Side’ talk about the cross as cursed, when it’s the way we are saved?
If you’ve never come along before, then this Sunday is a great time to drop in. You can also watch us live (or look at some past church services) at www.oakflats.tv.
See you at 10am or 5pm this Sunday, God willing!