What does the bible say about marriage? And why is it that Christians are at loggerheads with a large number of the population about the definition of marriage? If history was different, this weekend a plebiscite would have been held to decide about the redefinition of marriage as a nation.
To recognise the significance of this decision and the significance of what is facing our nation today, Jodie will be speaking on the topic ‘Who becomes one: God’s Word on marriage’ this Sunday.
During our service, we’ll have our weekly question and answer time, and Jodie will be answering these questions:
- When were the individual Psalms organised into five books, and why does that make any difference to how we interpret them?
- Since Psalm 90 also includes the question, “How Long?”, does this weaken the idea that Books 4 and 5 answer this question?
- Since God loves justice, how can the cross of Christ be the ultimate act of injustice?
- Is it appropriate to make criticisms about Trump from the pulpit?
- Where is Oak Flats Anglican headed in 2017?
As always, come along and visit us at 10am or 5pm at 35 Fisher Street Oak Flats, or if you can’t make it in person, jump online at www.oakflats.tv to watch a livestream of our services.