This Sunday we conclude our series on Galatians. In the final talk Jodie will be speaking on the topic, “Freedom Boasted” from Galatians chapter 6 verses 11 to 18.
We will remember Jesus’ death as we eat the symbolic meal of the Lord’s Supper so be sure to join us.
During our service, we’ll have our weekly question and answer time, and Jodie will be answering these questions:
- Did Jesus baptise anyone, given that John 4:1-2 says “it was not Jesus who baptised, but his disciples?”
- Why do people get baptised?
- Why do people lose faith?
- Why do men have higher levels of leading in church above women?
- How might our tendencies towards passive aggressive conflict hinder our ability to rebuke each other gently?
- Why has the church been so soft in dealing with sexual abuse in the church?
- How can the church maintain a moral high ground when such abuse has occurred?
- How can victims of sexual abuse form a relationship with God?
- How can ministers who have committed sexual abuse redeem themselves?
If you’ve never come along before, then this Sunday is a great time to drop in. You can also watch us live (or look at some past church services) at www.oakflats.tv.
See you at 10am or 5pm this Sunday, God willing!