This Sunday we continue our series on 2 Samuel. In the next talk, Simon will be speaking on the topic, “The return of the King”, from chapter 19 verse 1 to chapter 20 verse 36.
During our service, we’ll have our weekly question and answer time, and Simon will be answering these questions:
- Given that the world of 2 Samuel seems so different to the New Testament, are we only studying it because it points us to Jesus?
- Where is the Ark of the Covenant located now?
- Is the Jonathan mentioned in 2 Samuel 17:17 Saul’s son?
- Has Absalom’s Monument ever been discovered by archaeologists?
- Did David know that it was Joab who killed his son Absalom, and how did he react to the news?
- Why did Joab choose a Cushite to take the news of Absalom’s death to David?
- When Ahimaaz told David that they’d won the war, why did he say “the Lord your God,” not “our God?”
- Is it still a sin for a Christian to be in a same-sex relationship if they are bisexual?
- Are all rulers chosen by divine right, and if so, is democracy a myth?
- How was Jesus able to walk on water?
It’s also a good time for us to recognise many of the needs of our missionaries, so we’ll have a special report about what’s been happening in the lives of our partners in global, word ministry.
Kids’ Club and Andy’s Club meets at our 5pm evening service for their program, followed by a great dinner together for the whole family.
As always, come along and visit us at 10am or 5pm at 35 Fisher Street Oak Flats, or if you can’t make it in person, jump online at www.oakflats.tv to watch a livestream of our services.