This Sunday we continue our series on ‘Romans: The Heart of Truth’, with Jodie speaking on the topic ‘The spirit of adoption’ from Romans chapter 8 verses 14 to 17.
We’re also going to get the special opportunity during our services to meet a member of our church, as we get to know our special community from Oak Flats Anglican.
Also during our services, we’ll have our weekly question and answer time, and Jodie will be answering these questions:
- Knowing that there will not be marriage in the new heaven, will there be marriage in the new earth?
- If life is found on Mars, do you think it will impact the credibility of the Biblical teaching on creation?
- What happened to the other Homo sapiens who once lived on our planet, and did they have souls?
- Do people who die of natural causes know when they are about to die?
- How do we put to death the misdeeds of the body?
- Since our human bodies are subject to death because of sin, why don’t Christians become immortal once they have been forgiven for their sin?
- Was there a biological change in humanity after the fall?
- Given that by our sinful natures we cannot be sinless, at what point is sin counted as ‘living’ according to the flesh?
- Why is the sin of sex before marriage given so much emphasis in Christianity?
- Would it ever be appropriate to have a speaker of the Jewish faith at our Men’s and Ladies’ dinners?
Our youth group, Refuge, meets at 4pm in the Neighbourhood Centre, and then head over to join us for church. Kids’ Club and Andy’s Club meets at our 5pm evening service for their program, followed by a great dinner together for the whole family.
As always, come along and visit us at 10am or 5pm at 35 Fisher Street Oak Flats, or if you can’t make it in person, jump online at www.oakflats.tv to watch a livestream of our services.
See you at 10am or 5pm this Sunday, God willing!