This Sunday we begin the next part of our series on ‘Romans: The Heart of Truth’, with Jodie speaking on the topic ‘The Spirit of life’ from Romans chapter 8 verses 1 to 13.
We will have a special video presentation at both our services about our ‘Real Kids’ Day that was held earlier this week. And we will also have our weekly question and answer time, and Jodie will be answering these questions:
- Why in Exodus does the Bible use the name ‘Pharoah’ instead of ‘King Tut’ or something like that?
- What does it mean to “redeem your firstborn son”?
- If today we don’t hear God’s audible voice, then can we hear the Holy Spirit speaking?
- Given we’ll be given a new body when we die, why does it matter if we enter heaven with no hands or feet?
- Are all sins equal?
- Does God forgive us if we continue committing the same sin after we have repented?
- Does Mathew 18:18 contradict what Jesus said about no marriage in heaven, since marriage is a bond between two people?
- How should we encourage a friend to return to church if they haven’t been for a while?
This week also sees the return of our Children and Youth programs. Refuge, our youth group, meets at 4pm in the Neighbourhood Centre, and then head over to join us for church. Kids’ Club and Andy’s Club meets at our 5pm evening service for their program, followed by a great dinner together for the whole family.
As always, come along and visit us at 10am or 5pm at 35 Fisher Street Oak Flats, or if you can’t make it in person, jump online at www.oakflats.tv to watch a livestream of our services.